Carbon fiber panels in 3K plain weave or 6K 2x2 Twill weave.
Custom carbon fiber panels/sheets. Sizes ranging from 12"x12" up to 48"x72" or 36"x84" with thicknesses from 0.01" to 0.133".
Panels can be straight-cut to 0.125" Tolerance+nominal. Please add cut dimensions to "order notes" at checkout.
Panel Application Recommendations
- Ultimate lightweight- 1/32" These will not support much weight but will be great for door cards/filler panels/rear-seat deletes etc. Add Soric for sound deadening (2x weight +0.079 thickness)
- Lightweight - Dash Panels - Recommend 1/16" - For more thickness add Soric.
- Strong Economical- Floor Pans - Recommend 1/8" with Soric.
- Strong Lightest - 1/8" Pure Carbon Fiber (Roughly 7 Layers)
- High-Strength - Carbon Fiber w/Structural Foam Core (3/8" or 1/2")
How it's made:
We make all of our parts and panels out of carbon fiber, we do not use fiberglass. 3K 5.5oz plain or 6K 11oz 2x2 twill weaves can be specified.
We use a vacuum resin infusion process with epoxy resin for strength. Parts are pulled down to 28inHg creating a uniform resin disbursement with a class A surface finish. Parts will have one glossy/smooth side and one matte (peel-ply texture) side. The peel-ply side is perfect for bonding to its rougher texture.
Panels can be made to any thickness, generally ranging from about 0.01" to 1" for structural panels. For structural panels, we will add a structural foam core to the composite sandwich structure. The core will not be seen but added for strength. Structural foam is very lightweight, very strong, and highly resistant to compression.
For reference, a structural panel that is 3'x6'x1/2" can support 200+lbs at its center with minimal deflection while weighing in at roughly 6 lbs.
We do not currently offer clear coating but do recommend it for carbon fiber often exposed to sunlight.
Email, message, or call us for custom sizes and pricing: 414-212-5679