The AiM GPS08 GPS Module is more precise than most of the existing GPS systems, as it has been designed to add to the GPS satellite's signal the Global Navigation Satellite (Glonass) system's signal. With an average of almost twenty satellites working in conjunction, GPS08 guarantees precision and reliability simply not comparable to the old generation GPS systems.
- <1m positional tolerance on average
- Satellite Signal is locked quickly upon startup, usually within seconds
- Lost signal issues virtually eliminated
- Location/Speed/Acceleration Sampled 10x per second, improving predictive lap times and data analysis
- Up to 13ft long cable to provide mounting location flexibility
The GPS08 Module is offered in two versions: Standard and "Roof" mounted.
The roof-mounted version installs easily: Simply drill a 12mm (1/2") hole in your roof, run the cable through (from the outside), and then tightened the supplied M12 x 1.25 nut to mount the GPS antenna to the roof. The Roof version is also supplied with a rubber gasket underneath the antenna which seals out water. Connect the other end of the CAN cable from the Antenna to your data logger and it will automatically configure itself upon startup.
Please note that the GPS08B Module is designed to work with the following AiM products only:
- SmartyCam HD, SmartyCam HD 2.1, and SmartyCam HD GP (Does not fit original SmartyCam, SmartyCam HD GP 2.2, or to any other AiM data logger or dash which requires the (GPS08 Module)
- Does NOT fit any other AiM Data Logger or Dash
*Please note that this module is not required if you are connecting a camera to another AiM Logger with built-in GPS, such as an AiM Solo or Dash or any other logger already connected to a GPS module.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.